The World Wide Web Consortium develops protocols and guidelines to ensure websites are accessible to as many people as possible.
For DPI this involved using a number of technological and design implementations, meeting certain standards criteria and developing clear editorial guidelines, including:
- Text size throughout the site can be altered as required by the visitor using their browser
- All images, audio and video files accompanied by text versions or alt tags
- Clear and consistent navigation and layout
- Use of clean HTML code
- Use of jargon kept to a minimum
- Standard formats for certain page types